Software Engineer APPLY NOW
Rentoza is South Africa’s first pure-play subscription model for digital goods and appliances. Our model is breaking new ground in driving access, affordability and flexibility in the e-commerce ecosystem while remaining distinctly clear of finance and credit consumer propositions. We believe that the subscription economy will be the next leapfrog for the African continent, and it is our goal to build, scale and purport this economic phenomenon in the region by building an inclusive, technology-enabled platform and business. While we are bold, audacious, and obsessed with our purpose we execute business outcomes by aligning to a culture of radical transparency, authenticity, and resolve. Come join the subscription revolution.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is well-versed in product development and strategy, but also in programming fundamentals and methodologies. The job will require researching and developing new products and modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of payment product offering. You will be part of a team of young engineers working in an agile environment, providing technical assistance in developing applications for our main platforms.
- Implement projects with a distributed remote development team
- Upgrade quality of work produced by your team
- Develop and maintain services and enterprise applications
- Improve efficiency through introducing automation & new tools
- Drive development/customizations of a large set of applications from our broad portfolio of B2B products
- Develops and maintains internet and intranet portals, forms, and structures in accordance with the organization’s needs; collaborates closely with Engineering Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
- Designing and implementing new product features in the most efficient, effective, and maintainable way
- Becoming the go-to expert on products to which you are assigned.
- Learning new products quickly and effectively when given access to user and developer documentation, knowledge base articles, source code, and infrastructure.
- Understand and interpret customer requests to suggest the best solution available and take responsibility for implementing the solution.
- Resolving complex technical issues
- Effort Estimation
- A team player - reaching out to peers and cooperating with Team Leaders and Executives to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Persuasive - skilled facilitator with the ability to resolve conflicts when they occur.
- Able to develop subordinates in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- Flexible/adaptable - adjusting quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
- Strategic in your thinking. You are able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Shopify, AWS, GCP, Payment Gateway, Java, Python, KAFKA, C++, Ruby on Rails
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of development experience in multiple software languages.
- 3+ years of Python coding experience
- Hands-on cloud development experience.
- Experience with working with a team.
Our offices are based in Rosebank (Johannesburg), Woodstock (Cape Town), Morningside (Durban), all fully kitted out to provide you with a comfortable and fun space to work from. We provide the essentials to keep you energized throughout the day along with a Friday Companywide lunch. The team has office events once a month to ensure we are moving forward in sync. Company transportation is available to support staff working evenings and weekends when needed.
We are a group of entrepreneurs that are hell bent on driving change in South Africa through technology and disruptive business models. We work hard and make sure we play while getting to our objectives. We embrace diversity, transparency and risk by aligning our decisions on data and the world's leading technologies.
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.|||Cape Town|||Technology||||||CRwGFLHyOHXXkCqw|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||