Intermediate Fullstack Engineer APPLY NOW
Welcome to Rentoza! We're a South African company that's changing the game in e-commerce. Our subscription service for digital goods and appliances is making access, affordability, and flexibility a reality for our customers.
We are looking for an Intermediate Fullstack Engineer who is well-versed in product development and strategy, but also in programming fundamentals and methodologies. The job will require researching and developing new products and modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of our product offerings. You will be part of a team of young engineers working in an agile environment, providing technical assistance in developing applications for our main platforms.
- Implement projects with a distributed remote development team
- Enhancing the quality and consistency of work produced by your team.
- Develop and maintain internal services and tooling, as well as the client-facing platforms
- Develop and review frontends using React/Redux, or the liquid templating language for the retail site.
- Develop backends in Python, or other languages, for normally deployed and serverless applications.
- Suggest new technologies or languages that may be more appropriate to solve new problems and challenges.
- Improve developer team efficiency through introducing new degrees of automation and tooling
- Collaborate closely with your Engineering Manager and the Chief Technology Officer.
- Designing and implementing new product features in accordance with best practices, with maintainability and code-reuse in mind.
- Becoming the go-to internal expert on products to which you are assigned.
- Learning new products quickly and effectively when given access to user and developer documentation, knowledge base articles, source code, and infrastructure.
- Understand and interpret customer requests to suggest the best solution available and take responsibility for implementing the solution.
- Effort estimation for tasks that you and your team are assigned
- Team Player: Actively reaches out to peers and cooperates with Team Leaders and Executives to foster a collaborative working environment.
- Persuasive: A skilled facilitator capable of resolving conflicts effectively.
- Developer of Talent: Capable of enhancing subordinates' performance in their current roles and preparing them for future responsibilities.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Quickly adjusts to changing priorities and conditions, effectively managing complexity and change.
- Effective Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately, maintaining brevity without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Analytical: Adept at structuring and processing both qualitative and quantitative data to draw insightful conclusions, demonstrating a probing mind and deep insights.
- Entrepreneurial: Experienced in creating new value within the business.
- Strategic Thinker: Able to envision and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way, identifying opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
Recommended Technical Proficiencies:
- Familiarity with SQL, noSQL, and data warehousing (BigQuery).
- Building backends, including regularly deployed and serverless applications, in Python. Familiarity with common Python frameworks and paradigms such as alembic, celery, aiohttp, gRPC etc would be beneficial.
- Focused expertise in GCP, including Cloud Run, Cloud Networking, Cloud Functions, and Pub/Sub. Similar offerings from other cloud providers such as AWS or Azure will be valuable.
- Proficient in building frontends, especially data entry and display, with React/Redux.
- Experience with SaaS/headless CDN platforms such as Shopify.
- A degree in a relevant STEM field, or equivalent additional work experience
- 5+ years of development experience in any language or framework
- Some experience with Python in a professional environment
- Hands-on cloud development experience.
- Experience with working with a team.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid (after probationary period, if applicable)
- Cape Town
- Free Friday lunches
- Monthly socials
- Discovery Medical aid : 100% cover (permanent staff)
- Provident Fund (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
If you're passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference, Rentoza is the place for you. Join our team and be part of something truly exciting!
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.