Webmaster APPLY NOW
Rentoza is South Africa’s first pure-play subscription model for digital goods and appliances. Our model is breaking new ground in driving access, affordability and flexibility in the e-commerce ecosystem while remaining distinctly clear of finance and credit consumer propositions. We believe that the subscription economy will be the next leapfrog for the African continent, and it is our goal to build, scale and purport this economic phenomenon in the region by building an inclusive, technology-enabled platform and business. While we are bold, audacious, and obsessed with our purpose we execute business outcomes by aligning to a culture of radical transparency, authenticity, and resolve. Come join the subscription revolution.
The Webmaster serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website(s), handling arrange of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website(s).
- Develop and maintain internet and intranet portals, Forms, and structure in accordance with the organization's needs.
- Collaborate closely with Database Manager, Communication/Public Relations Director, Human Resources Director and other invested leadership staff.
- Develops, implements and maintains e-commerce applications in collaboration with the organization's retail, marketing and related departments.
- Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and unified web design across the organization’s web properties.
- Collects and analyzes web analytics and similar data; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
- Maintains and documents ownership of company’s internet domains.
- Assists employees with use of company websites through one-on-one support, user guides, and training sessions.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards; software licenses; and applicable state and federal laws and regulations including data security, privacy, and intellectual property laws.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems, applications, and tools used by the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Shopify (Liquid customizations)
- Google Analytics
- Google Merchant Center
- Angular 2
- Web performance test (Webpagetest.org)
- Design Principles and UX best practice
- Display and Merchandising
- Telephony systems (Twillio, Zendesk, Whatsapp, Gorgias)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required; coursework in digital media, web design, and/or computer programming highly preferred.
- Codecademy, Open Classrooms, Udemy courses, Udacity courses, Pluralsight.
- Equivalent progressive professional experience may be substituted for education with approval of Web Developer.
Our offices are based in Rosebank (Johannesburg), Woodstock (Cape Town), Morningside (Durban), all fully kitted out to provide you with a comfortable and fun space to work from. We provide the essentials to keep you energized throughout the day along with a Friday Companywide lunch. The team has office events once a month to ensure we are moving forward in sync. Company transportation is available to support staff working evenings and weekends when needed.
We are a group of entrepreneurs that are hell bent on driving change in South Africa through technology and disruptive business models. We work hard and make sure we play while getting to our objectives. We embrace diversity, transparency and risk by aligning our decisions on data and the world's leading technologies.
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.|||Cape Town|||Technology||||||t1xo3r2hZKwkQ2Ft|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||