Software Engineer APPLY NOW
Rentoza is South Africa’s first pure-play subscription model for digital goods and appliances. Our model is breaking new ground in driving access, affordability and flexibility in the e-commerce ecosystem while remaining distinctly clear of finance and credit consumer propositions. We believe that the subscription economy will be the next leapfrog for the African continent, and it is our goal to build, scale and purport this economic phenomenon in the region by building an inclusive, technology-enabled platform and business. While we are bold, audacious, and obsessed with our purpose we execute business outcomes by aligning to a culture of radical transparency, authenticity, and resolve. Come join the subscription revolution.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team who will drive the design and development of new in-house applications as well as manage existing platforms within the business.
The Software Engineer will also be required to make use of REST APIs to extract data and create new tools to meet functional requirements.
- Analyze and understand project scope and core objectives linked to the product roadmap.
- Assist in requirements gathering workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements.
- Working closely with Technical Team Lead to define business requirements for functional and technical user stories and project specifications, by ensuring that projects are broken down into phases to deliver immediate business benefit.
- Build and maintain reporting to measure the success of projects.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Take ownership for system bugs and technical issues that are escalated from various users, by performing relevant analysis to troubleshoot and escalating to engineering and stakeholders.
- Support post deployment activities in the production environment.
- Provide training and first line support for systems within the Product portfolio.
- Conduct research and analyze data to identify trends, new methods and standards and recommend these for improving and future proofing business analysis practices.
- Develop clear, compelling analysis and data visualization, including figures, reports and presentations.
- Develop decision-support tools and products, including dashboards and interactive visualizations..
- Create reports and presentations and build customized dashboards for internal use and client deliverables.
- Create new tools and frameworks to collect data, and seek opportunities to improve data analysis and visualization
- A team player - reaching out to peers and cooperating with Team Leaders and Executives to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Persuasive - skilled facilitator with the ability to resolve conflicts when they occur.
- Flexible/adaptable - adjusting quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Informatics (BSc. BCom.) or relevant certifications and experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience writing code that has gone into production in Java, Python, C++,PHP or Ruby.
- Designed and implemented new features and APIs in a cloud native environment.
- Experience with git and version control, pull requests, CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment).
- Experience with GCP or similar cloud based services.
- Worked with a popular web framework, ideally Flask but experience with similar frameworks like Django, Rails, or others will be good.
- Written high-coverage automated unit and integration tests.
- Written and maintained technical documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work products across multiple engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and planning skills.
- Clear ITC record.
- Experience with SQL and Python or any other programming language.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Slack, Zendesk, Atlassian, Jira/Confluence, Google Cloud Platform - BigQuery, DataStudio as well as other project management tools.
- Cape Town
- Free Friday lunches
- Monthly socials
- Discovery Medical aid : 100% cover (permanent staff)
- Provident Fund (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid (after probationary period, if applicable)
If you're passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference, Rentoza is the place for you. Join our team and be part of something truly exciting!
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.