Retail Team Lead APPLY NOW
We are looking for a high energy and confident Retail Team Leader in our Eastgate store who will help create positive energy and excitement around our brand and products. If you have a strong selling instinct and enjoy impressing customers with your knowledge about tech and other products, then this position is for you!
- Oversee all aspects of the store's daily operations, store opening and closing procedures, inventory management, and visual merchandising.
- Ensure the store operates efficiently and follows all operational procedures as set by the SOPs and operations manuals.
- Ensure the store meets the weekly and monthly sales targets.
- Maintain a safe and clean store environment, including compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Assist in store openings planning, rollout, recruitment and operational needs.
- Oversee and train team members in all operational aspects relating to verification and fulfillment procedures.
- Lead, motivate, and coach a team of retail associates to achieve sales goals and provide exceptional customer service.
- Set clear performance expectations (daily, weekly and monthly) and provide regular feedback to team members.
- Manage all industrial relations and disciplinary matters by conducting Fact Finding Discussions and recommending outcomes in line with the Disciplinary Code and present them to the Retail Operations Manager for the final decision and next steps.
- Train new employees and conduct ongoing training to ensure team members are knowledgeable about products and store policies. Submit all training registers to the Learning and Development department.
- Create staff schedules, assign tasks, and monitor employee performance daily.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to team members.
- Manage, verify and calculate all monthly commissions for the team and post on the relevant channels for processing.
- Manage and act as the escalation point of all queries from team members relating to pay, commission, leave days, etc.
- Educate customers about our products and offering.
- Ensure that all customers receive outstanding service and have a positive shopping experience.
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, and escalations effectively.
- Lead by example in delivering excellent customer service.
Sales and Merchandising:
- Monitor and analyze sales performance, identify trends, and implement strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
- Ensure the store is adequately stocked, organized, and visually appealing.
- Plan and execute visual merchandising displays and layouts that enhance the store's aesthetics and drive sales.
- Oversee inventory levels and lead inventory control activities, such as ordering, receiving, and restocking merchandise for the store from the procurement and fulfillment departments.
- Conduct regular ad hoc stock checks and assist the operations teams in inventory reconciliation.
- Ensure stock loss is below 3%
Performance Tracking and Reporting:
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics, such as sales, customer satisfaction, and conversion rates.
- Prepare regular reports for management on store performances.
- Review and understand the daily sales dashboard and drive productivity accordingly.
- Essential: substantial related experience with a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree;
- 5 Years experience in retail and sales.
- 2+ years experience in store based retail leadership.
- Must be able to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Knowledge and experience in technology, retail and sales.
- Strong understanding of CRM systems, sales and marketing is advantageous.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- High tolerance for stress, complexity and change
- Highly motivated and energetic, along with a 'self-starter' attitude
- Must be able to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Demonstrate empathy and initiative when engaging with customers
- Strong problem solving skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Slack, ZenDesk, Atlassian is advantageous.
- Able to work overtime, especially during the monthly peak period.
- Cape Town
- Free Friday lunches
- Monthly socials
- Discovery Medical aid : 100% cover (permanent staff)
- Provident Fund (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid (after probationary period, if applicable)
If you're passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference, Rentoza is the place for you. Join our team and be part of something truly exciting!
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.|||Johannesburg|||Retail||||||OC7fHo1mMp59kqjt|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||