People Manager APPLY NOW
Welcome to Rentoza! We're a South African company that's changing the game in e-commerce. Our subscription service for digital goods and appliances is making access, affordability, and flexibility a reality for our customers.
We are looking for a People Manager to oversee and drive all aspects of human resources practices and processes.
To us, a People Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. This means that your People Manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management.
The job of People Manager is important to business success. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting business values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of the role of the People Manager.
HR Reporting and Compliance
- Implement the Employment Equity Plan and drive Employment Equity meetings and committees. Drive statutory submissions such as EEA2 and EEA4.
- Track BBBEE compliance and gathering of data monthly.
- Coordinate and track all Health & Safety activities and ensure compliance in all regions.
- Ensure all IOD documents, files and processes are up to date and in place for all regions.
- Preparation for Labour Department requests/visits in all regions.
- Ensure effective communication on updated HR policies
- Provide Auditors with necessary files, documentation and information.
- Conduct quarterly review of HR systems access in relation to roles and responsibilities of the individual users.
- Conducts quarterly review of the Business Unit’s organisational structure to ensure an accurate reflection of roles and their reporting lines.
- Oversee and manage all administration related to the employee life cycle.
- Manage the accurate and timeous engagements and terminations of employees.
- Manage the monthly UIF submission process and ensure compliance.
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly HR related reports.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly investor reports.
- Report on all compliance and progress thereof.
Payroll and budget
- Manage and audit payroll input and new starter tracker daily.
- Manage, review and sign off payroll variance and reconcile medical and other deductions.
- Audit all commission and incentives prior to uploading to payroll.
- Ensure all employee information, contracts and documents are loaded on Sage HR and payroll.
- Manage absenteeism and work from home audits to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that all the information for leave administration has been received, e.g. sick certificates, etc.
- Manage the People Budget.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Conduct C and D Band recruitment and reference checks
- Manage Recruitment Audits and Compliance checks
- Manage and coordinate with L&D and Facilities all on-boarding plans, training and induction for new employees
- Maintain the organogram for the business and ensure recruitment and forecast is aligned.
- Track and report on all recruitment activities.
- Manage and review all IR investigations.
- Investigate, prepare and coordinate details and processes for Disciplinary Hearing
- Attend CCMA for conciliation and arbitration.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Track and report on all IR matters past and ongoing.
Employee Assistance and Wellness
- Oversee and drive all EAP / Wellness and staff events
- Develop a proper staff communication process detailing what needs to be communicated and how it should be communicated, including the use of the relevant slack channels.
General HR Administration and HR Projects
- Review all drafted contracts and confirmation of employment.
- Ensure accuracy of SageHR information and Employee files audits and compliance checks.
- Manage and oversee monthly absenteeism and leave audits and probation reviews.
- Manage the tracking of probation and ensure weekly feedback from Line Managers as an audit trail.
- Employees exit: manage the drafting and issuing of UI19 and Certificate of Service within 7 days of employee exit.
- Oversee all exit interviews, conduct senior exist interviews and provide insights and learnings.
- Manage the Provident and Pension Fund.
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Minimum: Degree in Human Resources or related field (Honours Preferred)
- Proven working experience as an HR Generalist with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the same or similar role.
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to execute strategy
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices, Industrial Relations, Hearings and CCMA experience.
- Cape Town
- Free Friday lunches
- Monthly socials
- Discovery Medical aid : 100% cover (permanent staff)
- Provident Fund (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid (after probationary period, if applicable)
If you're passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference, Rentoza is the place for you. Join our team and be part of something truly exciting!
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.|||Johannesburg|||General||||||4wLsCx55348t05qy|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||