Chief of Staff APPLY NOW
Welcome to Rentoza! We're a South African company that's changing the game in e-commerce. Our subscription service for digital goods and appliances is making access, affordability, and flexibility a reality for our customers.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our founding and executive team to help drive strategic initiatives that will support the scaling of Rentoza from a medium sized business to a national consumer brand and e-commerce company.
The Chief of Staff will work directly with the founders and executive team across funding activities, partnerships, business development and talent acquisition. You will be joining an entrepreneurial team of experienced, hard-working and innovative business operators who are passionate about disrupting for purpose.
- Manage strategic Initiative portfolio
- Drive pipeline management for funding activities
- Prepare monthly board pack and investor update
- Filter and ensure priority partnerships are monitored and escalated
- Collaborate with internal business units and team leaders to drive strategic initiatives
- Develop and operationalize executive dashboard and reporting capability
- Develop and implement Rentoza Executive Way of Work Framework
- Office Management
- Domestic and International travel arrangements
- Financial and budget support
- Drive group projects
- Observe best business practices
- Organize and drive team communications and plan events (internally and offsite)
- Coordinate meetings and strategic activities with the Executive team.
- Bachelors' Degree (minimum requirement)
- MBA or 8 years of industry experience (advantageous)
- Strong academic background
- Previous startup experience advantageous
- Highly organized and a natural project manager
- Extremely agile and flexible in response to change priorities and needs.
- Highly motivated, self starter.
- Extremely resourceful in ever-changing situations.
- Being proactive - anticipating the needs of others before anyone else.
- High emotional intelligence and strong communicator (verbal and written)
- An understanding that things may come up outside of typical office hours.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Slack, ZenDesk, Atlassian
- Tech Obsessed
- A team player - reaching out to peers and cooperating with Team Leaders and Executives to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Persuasive - skilled facilitator with the ability to resolve conflicts when they occur.
- Able to develop subordinates in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- Flexible/adaptable - adjusting quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
- Strategic in your thinking. You are able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Cape Town
- Free Friday lunches
- Monthly socials
- Discovery Medical aid : 100% cover (permanent staff)
- Provident Fund (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid (after probationary period, if applicable)
If you're passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference, Rentoza is the place for you. Join our team and be part of something truly exciting!
At Rentoza, we try our best to get back to everyone who applies for our exciting positions. However, we receive quite a number of applications which makes it impossible to respond to all the potential candidates. If you don't hear back from us in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.